Join us for the annual Sussex Community Association Wine Social & Friend-Raiser!
- Wine & Craft Beer Tastings with Experts
- Appetizers & Desserts
- Live Entertainment
- Lucky Ticket Auction with Prizes from Current & Coming Local Businesses
- Support your local neighborhood association while having fun!
When: Saturday, April 29th from 7:00pm – 10:00pm
Where: The Shaker Family Center
Online Ticket Options: Price includes wine/beer tastings, appetizers & desserts, 1 raffle ticket & entertainment
1. $20 for Individual Members
2. $40 if you would like to pay your $20, 2017 SCA membership dues & an entry ticket (*Please note, membership applies to your household, so you only need one membership per family. Membership dues are for the 2017 calendar year. If you attended and paid dues at the December 2016 meeting, you are already a member for 2017!)
3. $25 for Non-Members not wishing to join the Sussex Community Association…yet
4. We’ve added an option to pay your $20 2017 SCA Membership dues only if you cannot attend.
It’s been a while and we are excited to host a general membership meeting in December as we plan for 2017. Please join us as we look to get your input on the content, events and benefits we provide to SCA members and our neighborhood community.
When: Monday, December 5th from 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Location: Shaker Family Center (Gym)
- Cleveland Restoration Society ‘Heritage Home Program‘ presentation. Learn from representatives of the program as well as SCA residents who have gone through the program to make improvements to their home
- Overview of 2017 SCA calendar of events & member meetings
- Update on SCA newsletter and marketing channels
- An open forum on what meeting content would benefit SCA members in the new year
Reminder: We will be kicking off our 2017 SCA dues drive at this meeting. If you would like to renew or join, please bring your $20 member dues, check payable to ‘Sussex Community Association’ to the meeting. Thanks!
Shaker Heights Van Aken Friday Beer Garden returns July 1st through September 9th!
See full schedule, including entertainment, food trucks, retail vendors and activities for each Beer Garden Friday at: http://vanakenbeergarden.com/
Hours: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Location: for now, same as last year: The Fresh Market parking lot.
7:30 am Registration
8:30 am – 5 Mile Start
9:30 am 1 Mile Start
10:00 am FREE KidsSprint
Starts @ Family Connections,
19824 Sussex Road
Call 216.921-2023 for more information
Saturday June 11th, 9:00am – 2:00pm
This Saturday, June 11th, residents within the Sussex neighborhood in Shaker Heights will participate in our annual community garage sale from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Houses participating will be marked with balloons and attendees can find maps of participating houses near garage sale signage at various entry points to the neighborhood. The Shaker Family Center will be a main gateway into the neighborhood garage sale.
If you are interested in participating, contact Pat Cirillo for more details at: email@example.com
Brought to you by the SCA, your Sussex Community Association, and through the generous coordination of Pat Cirillo.
Sunday, May 15 – Sussex Triangle – Noon to 4:00 pm
This is your opportunity to share the “excess” perennials you have in your yard and pick up some from others in the Sussex or Lomond areas. Also, if you want to just stop by and pick up some plants, please do so – all plants are FREE, and each year we need homes for more and more of them. In addition you will have two of the Sussex/Lomond experts on hand to answer any of your plant or growing questions.
|Many of you shared concerns about the traffic light (or lack thereof) at the corner of Lomond and Chagrin. Earlier today, I learned that common sense has prevailed! I received an email from the city’s planning department that said:
“City staff met with Cuyahoga County Public Works staff responsible for the roadwork reconfiguration at Chagrin and Warrensville to discuss the left turn from westbound Chagrin onto Lomond. A remedy to the difficulty in making this turn will come in two forms:
Timing on the installation of the left-turn signal is still unknown, however the county will request that the contractor order the needed parts and install them as quickly as possible. The City feels confident that the short-term fix can happen quickly and will improve the traffic situation until the new signal is installed.”
Thanks to everyone who made their voice heard at the city level! And thank you to the city planner’s office for working through the process to resolve this issue.